This position will report directly to the production Supervisor and be responsible for the packer bag inspection prior to being bagged and also the placing of the bagged product in the boxes and displays. The packer will assist in ensuring the plant environment meets food safety cleanliness objectives and operates according to the established safety standards.
- Maintaining GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Maintaining and following all safety guidelines.
- Maintaining a positive attitude and integrity at all times.
- Maintaining appropriate housekeeping standards.
- Completes all production functions in accordance with established quality and packaging standards.
- Visually inspect and manually pack bags of product into boxes and/or displays.
- Recognizing product quality issues.
- Recognizing package quality issues.
- Perform visual inspection of finished package/product.
- Perform finished product inspected related to bags, code dates, cartons and carton labels.
- Pallet stack finished cases as needed.
- Pour on rework as needed.
- Cover ‘pick out’ lines and recognize bad product.
- Clean and organize the packing area.
- Understand the recycling, baler, and the Endres operations.
- Perform shut down procedures and start up procedures.
- Perform daily sanitation tasks.
- Perform weekly sanitation tasks.
- Perform monthly sanitation tasks.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
IN THE EVENT OF AN ABSENCE:
Another packer will proceed with doing the essential functions of the job.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information to other employees, QA and supervision.
- Basic skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
REQUIRED SKILL SET:
- Must be self motivated.
- Ability to respond to changes quickly and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to perform constant repetitive motion in a physically demanding position.
- Knowledge and compliance with safety guidelines.
- Knowledge of safe operating practices involved in the use of lock-out/tag-out program.
- Knowledge of food safety and SQF requirements.
- Strong commitment to company values.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions while performing the duties of this job. This is a fast paced environment that requires employees to climb stairs and at times work at elevated levels. The employee’s constant requirements are standing, pushing, hearing and repetitive motion. Frequent requirements are crouching, reaching, feeling and lifting (max of 65#). Occasional requirements are climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, walking, pulling, grasping, talking and carrying.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee’s occasional mental process requirements are reasoning, remembering (retaining) and language ability.
Work environment conditions may require the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, side shields, hearing protectors and hair/beard nets.