Design and develop new products and components that provide innovative solutions to customer needs
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Education and/or Experience
- Be an active team member of an advanced development team who’s focus is to develop drive systems of the future
- Be the team’s technical expert on all things electronic
- Stay current on electrical/electronic technology
- This is a “hands on” position where the individual will be expected to build and test their own concepts.
- Analyze the requirements, capabilities and performance of these products
- Design, develop, and lead tests to qualify new products and to support changes to existing products
- Use CAD programs to develop concepts
- Procure components and services for development of prototype hardware
- Assemble and evaluate the performance of prototype hardware
- Communicate at all levels regarding the of new and existing products.
- Work with Intellectual Property department to ensure appropriate protection of new mechatronics or robotic product ideas.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.E.E./B.S. M.E.) from four-year and two to four years’ work experience in an electrical engineering or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven track record of experience in
- Leading electrical product development projects
- Electric motors, robotics, controllers
- Knowledge of Electrical component design and manufacturing preferred
- Experience in drive train design and development a plus
- Must have
- Self-motivated with ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, creativity, critical thinking, problem solving in fast paced environment
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills