Technician performs mechanical services on new and used Ag equipment in the service shop area. Position is responsible for testing, repairing and rebuilding Ag equipment.
Essential Position Duties
- Diagnoses and repairs equipment in the service shop.
- Completes all required reporting for service time accurately and efficiently; this includes writing service reports, properly allocating time to each job, and tracking parts charged and parts returned.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by understanding customer needs and deadlines, attempting to complete scheduled repairs and service as safely, timely and accurately as possible.
- Maintains company issued equipment and tools, keeping them in good working order.
- Adheres to all safety rules and maintains good housekeeping (5S) in shop area.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a high school education or equivalent. Technical background provided through a vocational school with studies in diesel equipment repair.
- Mechanical experience with Ag equipment. Strong working knowledge of hydraulics, power train and electrical systems.
- Applies initiative, demonstrating a “self-starting” ability to daily work and proactively making improvements to the work process.
- Exhibits good problem solving skills; is able to identify problems, solicit other’s opinions and offer valid solutions.
- A strong knowledge of the product and a good knowledge of the product market.
- Is able to operate industry specific PC and main frame programs with a basic understanding of MS Word, Excel and data base systems.
- The ability to work over-time and weekends.
BENEFITS: MacAllister offers competitive pay, benefits, 401k, vacation, short and long term disability, life insurance, tool program, paid uniforms, wellness program and excellent growth potential!