Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate with supplier and product development in APQP events to optimize design and component costs.
- Identify and promote new technology opportunities for continuous improvement and cost reductions.
- Source parts at approved and acceptable suppliers. Assure overall responsibility for supplier performance including quality, delivery, price and technical support.
- Negotiate pricing.
- Monitor part delivery to support production while minimizing inventory.
- Monitor quality and delivery performance of each supplier.
- Assist QA department to ensure defects receive appropriate supplier root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Visit suppliers on a regular basis at intervals commensurate with critically to business performance for activities such as Supplier Quality Reviews, Supplier Process Verification Audits, Corrective Action Audits, etc.
- Develop supplier that is consistent with the company mission and vision statements.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the supplier relationship.
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
- Up to 30% travel.
Education and/or Experience
- B.A./B.S, technical degree from a 4 year college or university and/or 3 years minimum work experience in related field and or/training;or equivalent combination of education ad experience.
- Must be motivated, self-starting individual.