This position is based in Morton Grove, Illinois. Must be willing to relocate.
Primary Duties for CNC Operator III:
- Set up and operate one or more of the following machines: CNC multitasking machining centers, CNC multitasking lathes, CNC lathes, 3/4/5-axis CNC machining centers, CNC EDM, multi-spindle lathe, manual lathe, manual mill, drill press, and /or various secondary equipment. May be required to operate multiple machines simultaneously.
- Utilize knowledge of working properties and machining processes for a wide variety of materials such as stainless steels, duplex stainless steels, Monels, Hastelloys and other nickel alloys, cast iron, carbon steel, bronze, etc. May be required to grind own tools for special requirements.
- Work from factory work orders, routings, drawings, process drawings & layout sheets, written or verbal instructions.
- Perform significant program edits to G-code CNC programs.
- Inspect work produced, including 1st piece inspection, using micrometers, bore gauges, vernier calipers, or other measuring instruments including CMMs to verify conformance to specifications. Maintain tolerances as close as 0.0005”.
- Follow preventative maintenance procedures on equipment as prescribed by the supervisor and report operating difficulties of equipment.
- Assist CNC Operator I and CNC Operator II with setup and troubleshooting as required. Train and instruct other employees when requested.
- Make proper labor and time reports.
- Keep machine clean and well lubricated and work area orderly.
- Perform duties in accordance with company policies.
- Take a proactive approach to continuous improvement including productivity, quality, safety, environmental and ergonomics.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education: Requires knowledge equivalent to school education plus ability to read and interpret component prints or drawings, make average to complicated arithmetic calculations and resolve elementary technical problems.
Experience: Requires a minimum of 2 years previous work experience on CNC equipment doing comparable work. Experience in operating Okuma, Mazak, Haas, and Hitachi Seiki machines is an advantage.
Lifting guidelines in accordance with the Manual Lifting Guidelines noted in the Safety Handbook.
It is the policy of John Crane to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, John Crane will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities