ABOUT AIR FORCE ONE / FITZENRIDER:
Established in 1984, Air Force One is a commercial HVAC and facilities services provider with many locations throughout Ohio and a national reach through our National Accounts team. In 2018, Fitzenrider joined the Air Force One family of companies and offers a host of services to customers in Northwest Ohio, Northeastern Indiana and Southeastern Michigan. Together, we offer services ranging from flexible maintenance agreements to on-site, full-time technical staffing to total facility automation. We optimize facilities in the following industries, both public and private; manufacturing, government, education, critical environments, health care, data centers and more! Our people are essential to our growth and success, which is why we hire people dedicated to our core values of Integrity, Humility, Intelligence and Hunger. By hiring the right people and placing emphasis on training and continued improvement, we are able to provide our associates the foundation for a solid career path at both Air Force One and Fitzenrider.
The HVAC Service Technician performs maintenance and service repairs on refrigeration and heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems. NOTE: This position will work in a steel mill at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
REQUIRED POSITION KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair refrigeration units of all types. Inspect and operate air conditioning units and machinery to determine all are functioning properly.
- Install new units or replacement parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair RTU’S and split systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair hot water hydronic systems.
- Maintain and repair HVAC systems.
- Read thermometers and gauges; records readings.
- Make adjustments to thermostatic controls and blowers.
- Lubricate and/or service compressors, motors, and other moving parts of HVAC equipment as needed.
- Take responsibility for the accurate and timely completion of paperwork.
- Perform each day’s tasks according to the work order system as dispatched by the Customer Service Representatives.
- Provide maximum customer service and professional communication to all associates and customers.
- Must have a complete understanding of the refrigerant cycle, and have a basic electrical knowledge. Must be able to work from plans customary to the trades area, including the ability to understand electrical schematics as they pertain to HVAC systems. Technician must have superior skills in the operation of most basic power and hand tools common to the HVAC trade.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Troubleshooting — Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Repairing — Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Equipment Maintenance — Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Operation Monitoring — Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Quality Control Analysis — Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Operation and Control — Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match and ROTH IRA
- Paid Time Off
- Service to Others Program: Associates receive 3 paid days per year to volunteer at a non-profit of their choice
- Tool Program: Company Match with Employee Contribution
- College Advantage 529 Savings Plans
- Company truck/van provided for Technicians
- Apprenticeship Program
- Associate Referral Program
- Wellness Incentives
- Leadership Development Program/Career Paths