Johnstone Supply | The Huestis-Meyers Group is part of the largest national HVAC cooperative. This provides the backing of over 380 locations, but the focus and determination of local ownership. Johnstone Supply provides our employees the unique ability to grow from within the organization. We believe in fostering an environment that allows our employees the opportunity to grow their professional skills, and provide in-house training to further their knowledge base. Johnstone Supply also recognizes ambitious individuals, and we encourage them to grow with us.
If ambition, drive, and an overall desire for success are a part of your career path – Johnstone Supply may be the ideal opportunity you have been searching for. We encourage you to visit any of our social media pages below to learn more about who we are. If you decide we are the right “fit” for you – Apply Today!
A counterperson in an HVAC/R wholesaling company sells parts, accessories, supplies, etc., to customers such as dealers, contractors, service firms and industrial accounts, who come into the store. This requires the use of a computer in many instances. The counter person also takes orders over the phone or fax, recommends and advises customers regarding their needs.
- Greet customers courteously; determines their needs, and sells merchandise or supplies; completes sales.
- Takes phone/fax orders, making recommendations and suggestions of substitute or related items where necessary.
- Maintains catalog and printed price sheets in an orderly manner.
- Prints up customers’ orders, ascertains proper price classifications, may extend prices for quantity and compute sales ticket.
- May accept cash, make change, or refer customer to a payment desk.
- Stocks shelves with merchandise.
- Maintains good housekeeping; keeps counter and store area neat and orderly.
- Fills sales orders.
- May relay telephone and fax orders to different departments to fill special requests.
- Loads merchandise into a customer’s vehicle.
- Maintains good records on lost sales.
- Assists in taking inventory, and displays
- Accepts returned good for credit.
- May have the authority to re-order merchandise within established limits
- Assists in unloading and unpacking of incoming stock, routing deliveries, or packing orders. Checks packing slips, prices and quantities.
- Advises sales people of customer opportunities; assists buyer with purchasing and inventory problems.
- Performs various clerical work; for example, sending warranty reports to manufacturers, preparing price quotations, filing, labeling, storing stock, pricing bills, allowing return goods credit.
- Attends sales, tech training, and general company meetings.
- Understands company policies, terms and product warranties.
- Superior customer service skills
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent training, experience
- Initiative to take on new responsibilities and learn new things
- Strong computer skills
- Honesty and strong work ethic
- 2 years experience in HVAC/R industry or equivalent training
- 2 years experience as Sales Associate in wholesale or similar industry
Here are the benefits for full time:
- Health Insurance (after 90 days)
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Employee only
- Employee can pay for family on plan
- Life Insurance (after 90 days)
- Paid Holidays (after 90 days)
- New Years
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Paid Time Off (after 90 days)
- Off days may not be taken in June or July
- Hire date thru 5 years earn 8 days
- Earn .66 of a day per month
- After 5 years earn 13 days
- Retirement Plan (Starts after November 1st after 1,000 hours)
- At the end of the year a percentage of salary is added by the company to the plan
- Johnstone University online training
- Johnstone University off-site training
- Christmas Party
- Significant other welcome
To learn more about us, please visit us on any of our social media pages: