AM General LLC, headquartered in South Bend, Ind., with major facilities in nearby Mishawaka, Ind., Auburn Hills, Mich., Franklin, Ohio, and offices in Arlington, Va., designs, engineers, manufactures, supplies and supports specialized vehicles for military and commercial customers worldwide.
Through its Military business, the company is recognized as a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacturing and support of Light Tactical Vehicles, having produced and sustained more than 300,000 vehicles in over 60 countries.
AM General’s growing Commercial business includes two wholly owned subsidiaries: diesel engine manufacturer Powertrain Assembly Plant and automatic transmission manufacturer General Transmission Products. AM General has more than six decades of experience meeting the changing needs of the defense and automotive industries, supported by its employees in Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio, and a strong supplier base that stretches across 43 states.
This position leads the International Direct Commercial Contracting activity and is responsible for supervising 3 people, coordination with the International Trade Compliance group and contract administration. Coordinator of all actions both internal and external to the department as needed to meet customer requirements.
- This position requires the individual to be responsible for all the methods by which AM General’s products: vehicles, parts, training, tools, etc. can be contracted for by friendly foreign governments.
- Supervise a team of International Contracts professionals as they analyze and respond to all inquiries.
- Coordinate with all necessary departments to provide a proper and timely solution to all issues relating to International Contracts.
- Negotiate payment instruments such as irrevocable letters of credit, stand-by letters of credit, performance guarantees and local bond guarantees.
- Will need to have a strong understanding of the Department of State and Department of Commerce export license requirements and when licensing is required for AM General’s products.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 10 years international contract administration experience essential. Working knowledge of ITAR, EAR, BIS and INCOTERMS.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite is essential and working knowledge of SAP a plus. BA/BS required, MBA or JD desired.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to prioritize and effectively execute the daily workload with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to multi-task while handling multiple inquires simultaneously.
- Export knowledge of international contract terms and conditions is a must.
- Prior experience of negotiating payment instruments required.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and or move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
This position requires one to work in an office environment and manufacturing facility. This position also requires one to work both alone and as a team while maintaining a regular work schedule.
Some international travel required, approximately 15%.