AM General LLC, headquartered in South Bend, Ind., with major facilities in nearby Mishawaka, Ind., Auburn Hills, Mich., Franklin, Ohio, and offices in Arlington, Va., designs, engineers, manufactures, supplies and supports specialized vehicles for military and commercial customers worldwide.
Through its Military business, the company is recognized as a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacturing and support of Light Tactical Vehicles, having produced and sustained more than 300,000 vehicles in over 60 countries.
AM General’s growing Commercial business includes two wholly owned subsidiaries: diesel engine manufacturer Powertrain Assembly Plant and automatic transmission manufacturer General Transmission Products. AM General has more than six decades of experience meeting the changing needs of the defense and automotive industries, supported by its employees in Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio, and a strong supplier base that stretches across 43 states.
This position is responsible for providing overall leadership including downward communication of top-level project goals/objectives/decisions and upward communication of program performance to senior management. This position works closely with senior leadership to lead program execution and risk mitigation plans as well as capturing future program opportunities
- Leads major capture efforts (as assigned by the business unit leader) to successful completion.
- Liaise with Customer Facing Executive (CFE) to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress
- Supervise Integrated Project Team members from different departments and provide constructive feedback
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
- Manage program management processes and coordinate material and resources allocation across the enterprise
- Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
- Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations
- Participate in the management of multiple contracts and subcontractors, along with operations, engineering and supply chain management to ensure a solid execution team is in place.
- Work across all functional organizations to staff the program and ensure the timely delivery of products and services in accordance with the contract(s).
- Work closely with the Integrated Project Teams (IPT) to establish milestones and monitor adherence to program master plans and schedules and will develop control systems and reports that accurately measure progress, identify potential problems in sufficient time for corrective action to be taken, and ensure the meeting of company's contract commitments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree, a master’s degree would be preferred, along with ten plus years of experience in International Defense or Governmental Sales and related support functions to include manufacturing experience, contracts and program management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, proactive, superior attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills.
- Business acumen, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, reliability and sound judgment.
- Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement.
- Ability to articulate complex issues into succinct, cohesive summaries and presentations.
- Requires understanding of manufacturing processes and field service support methodology.
- Experience Ability to travel up to 50%.
- with foreign government budget, investments and acquisition processes.
- Deep understanding of pricing, baseline pricing strategies, and the evolution of pricing strategies into business strategies that are competitive and compelling for the customer.
- Knowledge of and strong contacts within the relevant customer and technical community to facilitate strategic teaming relationships. Requires understanding of sales and business development methodology and requirements development.
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers across the company.
- This position requires strong organizational skills, a high level of initiative and moderate knowledge concerning MS Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access). Leadership skills are a required for this position. Knowledge of a second language of Arabic or Spanish is a plus. Technical background in automotive or defense tactical wheeled vehicles.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and or move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
This position requires one to work both alone and as part of a team. Visits to multiple locations within the company and to outside locations are routine. Some isolation and limited support is to be expected. Very little of what is dealt with on a day to day basis is routine, expect wide variance in tasks depending assigned capture effort and portfolio assignment. Expect tight deadlines and multiple demands on time on a consistent basis. External conditions may include foreign location, factory and training facility presence where there can be more extreme working conditions.