Tippecanoe Lake Country Club is seeking an individual to work as the Executive Chef in Leesburg, IN.
Tippecanoe Lake CC is home to an 18-hole, par 70 golf course. TREE-LINED FAIRWAYS & ROLLING TERRAIN MATCH UP WITH GREENS KNOWN FAR & WIDE FOR THEIR SPEED & CONTOUR.
The Executive Chef performs highly skilled supervisory and preparatory work associated with food production in the operation of the club restaurant. Supervises kitchen staff, plans food/equipment requirements, and maintains proper health/sanitary standards.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises and participates in the preparation of food for the restaurant and banquet facilities, ensuring all food handling safety requirements and best practices are met.
- Estimates food needs and places orders as necessary and/or as directed by the Food and Beverage Manager.
- Develops items on the menu and publishes as required to meet customer demands and budget expectations.
- Hires, trains, schedules, manages and develops kitchen staff.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the kitchen area and ensures that it meets health code regulations.
- Inspects and handles maintenance issues related to kitchen equipment.
- Checks in stock orders delivered by vendors and assists with inventory ordering.
- May be required to direct the set-up and/or take down of club events.
- Compiles information and creates reports requested by the Food and Beverage Manager in an accurate and timely manner.
- Attends and actively participates in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the work and success of the club and the Company by being service- and solution-oriented, having positive interactions with all club staff and members/guests, and meeting established quality, service and safety expectations.
- Performs additional assignments per the direction of club or Company managers.
- Regular and punctual attendance on site for all scheduled shifts is required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have the ability to deliver a high level of customer service.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Extensive culinary skills and knowledge.
- Understanding of safe food handling procedures and process. Able to direct and maintain a safe and secure environment and operation.
- Proficient with MS Office computer programs and POS systems
- Associates degree in culinary arts.
- One year previous experience as a chef and/or kitchen supervisor.
Landscapes Unlimited is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/E-Verify employer . All employment decisions at Landscapes Unlimited are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other class or status protected by federal, state or local law.