Individual will be responsible for prioritizing, tracking, and monitoring the maintenance, repairs, preventive maintenance, and warranty of all Heavy Equipment Sales, Rental, and Coal equipment fleets. Working in conjunction with all branches, Field and PM Service personnel, this individual establishes and supports consistent procedures and efficient processes for the optimum utilization of the company’s facilities and equipment. Individual will also be lead on the Rental Telematics strategy and be a member of the multi-generational Telematics 6 Sigma Team.
Essential Position Duties
- Develops work processes and procedures for all shops regarding the maintenance and repair of MacAllister owned fleets for the future intent of the machines purpose; sale, rental or rental rollout.
- Review and monitor the opening and closing of work orders against inventories to ensure necessary repairs are done accurately and efficiently for both Sales and Service.
- Assist shops and service managers by providing direction for repairs or maintenance of fleets.
- Review, monitor, and assist with warranty. Working closely with CAT district reps, sales management, and MacAllister warranty department to insure warranty is accurate as well as any areas of process improvements. Assist with the tracking and recovery of warrantable repairs for the sales fleets.
- Single point of contact for sales representatives to assist with set up and readiness of sold machines in regards to new machine prep’s, getting shop quotes, adding additional attachments (thumbs, GPS, couplers, etc.) and giving technical recommendations on specific machines.
- Assist Rental Manager with developing and maintaining owning and operating hourly costs in respect to maintenance and repairs required of the sales rental fleets.
- Works with sales department on new Caterpillar initiatives in respect to machine technology and their offerings, i.e. Vision Link, GPS, etc.
- Develop working reports provided by the information gathered through Vision Link to monitor machine health in order to be pro-active on necessary maintenance to the equipment prior to having unnecessary costly repairs.
- Recommends and provides extended warranty quotes on rental and used sales to facilitate units being returned to MacAllister for repairs.
- Will monitor rental fleet on Vision Link and along with Heavy Rental Manager develop “Value Props” for machine utilization and health.
- Will utilize telematics to develop a Tier 4 “re-gen” strategy to assure costly maintenance and repairs are avoided due to lack of equipment maintenance.
- Monitors and assists with any customer rental damages that need to be billed back.
- Develops an excellent working relationship with Caterpillar and their field representatives, Sales, Product Support and Product Development as it pertains to the development, marketing and delivery of service products in support of MacAllister’s overall goals.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a high school education plus college or technical school training required. College degree preferred.
- 5 years experience in a shop operations role and a strong understanding of the shop operations environment. Experience in a Caterpillar equipment shop preferred.
- Strong Project Management skills with the ability to lead projects that establish brand new company processes.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Good computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Office software as Word, Excel and Power Point, and other data base systems.
BENEFITS: MacAllister offers competitive pay, benefits, 401k, vacation/holiday, profit sharing, long and short term disability, paid life insurance, and excellent growth potential!