Wright Tree Service is currently seeking a General Foreman to start in the Indianapolis, IN area on a full-time basis. Wright Tree Service provides vegetation management, storm restoration, and work planning services to utility companies and their communities across the country. Safety is always our highest value. That focus is guided by our “Brother’s Keeper” pledge to keep both ourselves and others safe. We abide by the highest ethical standards, knowing our service is critical to utilities and their customers, and we work as a team to deliver creative solutions to our clients. Finally, we are proud of our family-founded history and have worked to retain those family values in our culture since becoming employee-owned in 2002.
- Supervise a line clearance crew and is responsible for the proper administration, communication, and enforcement of supervisory and economic work practices.
- Work with Human Resources Generalist regarding employment for crew members
- Interview potential candidates for hire.
- Promote sound relations with employees on all personnel matters and exercise fair and reasonable judgment in management of employee conflicts while working with Human Resources.
- Train and coach employees. Evaluate performance and provide feedback as necessary.
- Receive and interpret tree trimming, removal, and chemical application orders initiated by supervisor or the Utility, involving an understanding of drawings and symbols representing types of line, voltages, and line equipment.
- Assign work to individual crew members and supervise crew in carrying out work according to good tree clearance practices. Must be capable of adjusting to field requirements.
- Conduct safety training of assigned personnel in accordance with good safety training procedures. Conduct stand downs and tailgate trainings as applicable.
- Responsible for control of crew costs including effective use of manpower, work methods, proper amount of trimming, and operation of equipment.
- Keep informed of new equipment specifications, standard practices and operating procedures.
- Remain in contact with customers, property owners, general public, other contractors, and representatives of utilities and governmental agencies. Must be professional and courteous when communicating on behalf of Wright Tree Service.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience working on tree trimming or clearing crews and/or has successfully completed applicable performance reviews.
- Current ISA certification or ability to obtain certification within 120 days of employment.
- Possess excellent leadership skills and be able to handle stressful situations along with being able to multi-task.
- Maintain a herbicide applicator or operators certification and license as required by Wright Tree Service and local, state, and federal law.
- Valid First-Aid and CPR cards.
- Knowledge and understanding of the American National Standards for Tree Care Operations (ANSI Z133.1-2000) and American National Standards for Proper Pruning (ANSI A300).
- Knowledge and understanding of OSHA rules and guidelines.
- Wear necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Valid driver’s license (CDL), and a valid medical card.
- Negative drug screen result(s).
- Background check results satisfactory to Wright Tree Service.
Number of Hours
Number of Hours
BENDING AT WAIST
Lift/carry demands may be routine as follows:
OVER 100 LBS
- Paid Training
- Industry Leading Pay
- Excellent Benefits
- Ongoing Training & Credentialing
- 401k Savings
To apply, complete an application on our website through our careers tab. A pre-employment drug screen and valid driver's license is required. Wright Tree is an equal opportunity employer.