Johnstone Supply | The Huestis-Meyers Group is part of the largest national HVAC cooperative. This provides the backing of over 380 locations, but the focus and determination of local ownership. Johnstone Supply provides our employees the unique ability to grow from within the organization. We believe in fostering an environment that allows our employees the opportunity to grow their professional skills, and provide in-house training to further their knowledge base. Johnstone Supply also recognizes ambitious individuals, and we encourage them to grow with us.
If ambition, drive, and an overall desire for success are a part of your career path – Johnstone Supply may be the ideal opportunity you have been searching for. We encourage you to visit any of our social media pages below to learn more about who we are. If you decide we are the right “fit” for you – Apply Today!
The primary responsibilities of this position are to grow revenue and gross margin in the assigned territory consistent with agreed upon objectives, while developing new customers and improving relationships with existing customers.
- Achieve overall annual sales and gross margin goals in the assigned territory through the expansion of existing accounts and establishing new accounts. Primary markets are HVAC/R residential/commercial contractors and industrial/institutional MRO.
- Develop a territory plan and periodically update it to reflect changes.
- Develop an account plan for key initiatives in top accounts including account potential, short and long term objectives and specific actions planned to achieve them.
- Maintain an up-to-date sales funnel and business forecast as requested by management.
- Participate in industry boards and associations.
- Conduct effective business oriented discussions at the senior management level with assigned customers communicating the added value of Johnstone Supply.
- Develop partnership agreements using a framework provided by management.
- Find and qualify new prospects with an emphasis on prospects and customers that have the potential to be “a” or “b” level accounts
- Provide outstanding follow-up to customers and established an appropriate call frequency for assigned accounts.
- Enhance Johnstone Supply relationships and image with existing customers.
- Spend in excess of 80% of the time in the field pro-actively developing business.
- Utilize a systematic selling process (Sandler)
- 2 years of college (bachelor’s degree preferred) or equivalent work experience
- 3 years+ of successful sales experience in a business to business environment in a technical/distribution related industry (preferably HVAC).
- Successful experience with cold calling
Here are the benefits for full time:
- Health Insurance (after 90 days)
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Employee only
- Employee can pay for family on plan
- Life Insurance (after 90 days)
- Paid Holidays (after 90 days)
- New Years
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Paid Time Off (after 90 days)
- Off days may not be taken in June or July
- Hire date thru 5 years earn 8 days
- Earn .66 of a day per month
- After 5 years earn 13 days
- Retirement Plan (Starts after November 1st after 1,000 hours)
- At the end of the year a percentage of salary is added by the company to the plan
- Johnstone University online training
- Johnstone University off-site training
- Christmas Party
- Significant other welcome
To learn more about us, please visit us on any of our social media pages: