The Refrigeration Installation Technician is responsible for accurately installing Refrigeration equipment in commercial structures. Ideal candidates will have knowledge of Refrigeration equipment, codes, and proper installation procedures in the retail/supermarket environment.
- Replace any refrigeration equipment or complete systems.
- Install new refrigeration systems in remodeled rooms or buildings.
- Test pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks, using a pressure gauge, leak detector, or soap-and-water solution.
- Join/braze pipes or tubing to the equipment and to the fuel, water, or refrigerant source in order to form a complete circuit.
- Test electrical circuits and components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
- Lay out and connect electrical wiring between the controls and equipment according to the wiring diagram, using an electrician’s hand tools.
- Obtain and maintain required certifications.
- Install, connect, and adjust thermostats, humidistats, and timers, using hand tools.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
- Inspect and test systems to verify compliance with plans and specifications and to detect and locate malfunctions.
- Knowledge of Refrigeration codes and proper application; knowledge of proper electrical and safety.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with internal and external customers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused work environment; ability to balance workload with installers’ and customers’ needs.
- Ability to establish rapport with customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion with information.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have strong math skills.
- Ability to utilize common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Ability to take timely action to effectively solve problems, using established policies and procedures.
- Willingness to assist in other departments as needed (HVAC install/service PMs)
- 1+ years of Refrigeration field experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Universial EPA Certified (or able to obtain within 90days of employment)
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical customers.
- Ability to work out of town when needed and varying shifts as needed. (Note: when working out of town, crew is home on weekends)
- Able to work at heights (ability to work on and climb ladders/work on scissor lifts).
- Universal EPA Certified (required within 90days of employment)
- Scissor Lift Training
- OSHA 10 or OSHA30 Card
- Signal/Rigger Certification
- Successful completion of a certified installation training program and apprenticeship geared towards HVAC/R.