Since 1946, Mr. Plumber by Metzler & Hallam has been serving Indianapolis residents and the surrounding areas with unmatched service quality. We are committed to our clients and the community, and we want to help keep our environment safe for all generations. We offer year-round work, paid training, continuing education, license renewal, and you are given the opportunity to develop your own skills and abilities to become a leader at work and in your personal life. Your potential for growth is unlimited here at Mr. Plumber by Metzler & Hallam, come join our family!
The Lead Excavator Operator is responsible for completing all assigned installation projects in a safe, timely, and profitable manner. The Lead Excavator Operator should be well-groomed, well-spoken and serves as an ambassador of the company. The Lead Excavator Operator adapts project work when the scope changes and is always conscious of safety and efficiency.
- Perform the following tasks when required: water service; spot repairs; pipe burst; trench and excavate; grade, seed, and straw (GSS); and pour and finish concrete.
- Arrive at the Dig Lot on time every day to receive project printouts and pre-engineer jobs.
- Maintain company equipment and vehicles and follow repair process when needed.
- Available to arrive early and/or stay late when workload requires in varying weather conditions.
- Coach Sewer Install Helper(s) to improve ability to complete job responsibilities.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Obtained or working toward Plumbing License
- Minimum 1+ years of Excavator/Backhoe Operation Experience
- Achieved 500 equipment hours
- Service System Certificate
- Maintain a valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Achieved CDL Class A, OSHA Outdoor, and DOT Certifications
- Valid CDL License and a Good Driving Record
- Stand, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, lift, and walk at various intervals
- Company Issued Take Home Vehicle (insurance and fuel included)
- Mobile Phone
- Company Supplied Uniforms
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Family Atmosphere Which Truly Cares About Its Team and Customers