Based in Morton, IL, G&D Integrated provides contract logistics and transportation services that help our customers optimize global supply chains.
With more than 100 years of experience, we strive to bring the highest quality transportation, distribution and manufacturing logistics services together – all in one place. And we do this in the most efficient and effective combination to meet individual customer needs. That is what we call...SMART.EFFICIENT.LOGISTICS.
Guiding Principles: We aim to delight our customers while operating safely with engaged employees.
Operators are responsible for abiding by safety policies while operating forklifts inside and outside the building. They safely transport products in a timely manner as directed by the supervisor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily inspections
- Transport customers’ product throughout the building as required
- Understand and abide by all weight capacities of vehicle
- Store products and packaging in an organized manner
- Respond to customer requests via email and phone
- Perform daily inventory control
- Maintain a clean work area
- Physical requirements
- Frequently required to stand, sit, and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work environment
- Exposed to a fast-pace environment with multiple forklifts operating in close quarters
- Well-lit, heated (but not air-conditioned) indoor shop environment with adequate ventilation
- Moderate noise level
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures; report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or human resources
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three to six months of related experience and/or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic computer skills