Responsible for the technical support of all branch locations. This will include the support of shop floor, field service and classroom training. The individuals are responsible for all updates on equipment, new product introduction, hands on support for troubleshooting and repair of technical problems with equipment or computers as related to repair of equipment. The individuals must be able to serve as the technical go to person for the branches and must be highly skilled in hydraulics, engines, powertrain, electrical/electronics, CAT support systems and computer skills as they apply to equipment repair. The individuals will be responsible for technical communication with Caterpillar and the sharing of that information across all branches.
Essential Position Duties
- Is Responsible for all technical training for the branch both in the classroom and OJT. This is inclusive of but not limited to; vocational trucks, Tier 4, buses, Caterpillar Heavy Equipment, Caterpillar Light Equipment, etc.
- Technical Support (go to person) for all branch locations
- Responsible for all updates on equipment, new product introduction, hands on support for troubleshooting and repair of technical problems with equipment or computerized technical support software as related to repair of equipment
- Act in conjunction with Technical Communicator with CAT and sharing that information across all branches
- Must accept ownership of the training in his/her branches. Understands the urgency and need for technical expertise and breaks down all barriers to the training goals.
- Must be at least a level IV mechanic with above average performance at this level
- Must have the recommendation or reputation for having an interest in and being able to coach and mentor mechanics during the learning curve
- Must be able to commute and spend time in all branches for purposes of training both in the classroom and in the shop or field
- Must be able to interact/communicate with CAT to solve equipment problems and share information across the branches
- Must be able to work as a team with other trainers/technical support personnel to assure the all technicians are progressing/improving their level of technical expertise
- Must be willing to be on-call at all hours to support technicians repair of equipment
- Must be willing to work 2nd or 3rd shift as necessary to assure training is offered to all shifts
- Must be willing to travel to other branches to assure complete coverage of all locations
- Must have a strong sense of purpose and support of the MacAllister Employee Workforce Development plans to assure they are implemented regarding the improvement of technical training
BENEFITS: MacAllister offers competitive pay, benefits, 401k, vacation/holiday, tool program, paid work boots, long and short term disability, paid life insurance, and excellent growth potential!