Champions operational excellence initiatives for assigned facilities. Oversees roll-out of operational
excellence initiatives including Planning Tool utilization (RCCP, VSM, OpEx Assessment, PD); Six Sigma
/ Lean training and projects; and Kata implementation. Prioritizes project selection to ensure bottom line
results are achieved. Assists Quality, and Engineering departments with ongoing facility initiatives that
improve both productivity and quality related to manufactured products.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversees continuous improvement initiatives/project selection and implementation at selected sites.
• Ensures projects meet needs and deadlines defined in the AOP or ongoing throughout the year.
• Ensures teams are selected and trained to complete project goals
• Ensures use of Operational Excellence tools to assist in defining target conditions and
continuously improving in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, and delivery.
• Ensures team-based problem solving approaches lead to gains in these areas.
2. Mentors plant staff, supervisors, and technical support in operational excellence concepts (40%).
• Assists teams and members with mentoring to develop capabilities for continuous improvement.
• Ensures clear evidence of plant leadership team buy-in and evidence of sustained
3. Assists on key projects as assigned. (20%)
• Provides support to identify potential ROI opportunities in plants.
• Prepares assigned sections of AOP and Business Plan.
• Bachelor’s degree in Operations or Engineering or related field.
• Six Sigma Blackbelt or Master Blackbelt.
• 5-10 years manufacturing experience in increasingly responsible roles with emphasis in operations,
engineering and quality.
• 3-5 years operational excellence experience.
• Strong knowledge of OpEx tools including statistical process control, SMED, Kaizen events, MBF
methodology, project management, lean methodology.
• Strong computer skills including Excel, Powerpoint, Minitab, Word, Outlook.
• Skills including Organizational, Planning, Analytical, Problem Solving,
Interpersonal/Coaching/Mentoring, Communication, Change Leadership, Initiative, Assertiveness,
Adaptability, Team Building
• Travel 75 – 95% expected, including overnight travel. When necessary to be at a location on
Monday morning or Friday afternoon, weekend travel may be required. International trips may/will
require weekend stays.
Qualified applicants may submit resume to: