This position is 2nd shift. Repair of PAVER equipment, rebuild, diagnostics, ordering parts, writing service reports, recording time assigned to jobs, maintaining safety and housekeeping around the work site, and maintaining company issued tools, trucks and equipment.
Essential Position Duties
- Adheres to all safety rules and maintains good housekeeping (5S) in shop area.
- Diagnoses and repairs equipment in the service shop.
- Completes all required reporting for service time in an accurate and efficiently; this includes writing service reports, properly allocating time to each job, and tracking parts charged and parts returned.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by understanding customer needs and deadlines, attempting to complete scheduled repairs and service as safely, timely and accurately as possible.
- Maintains company issued equipment and tools, keeping them in good working order.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a high school education or equivalent. Technical background provided through a vocational school with studies in diesel equipment repair.
- 3-5 years of mechanical experience with heavy equipment and or Pavers, preferably with Caterpillar. Strong working knowledge of hydraulics, power train and electrical systems.
- Exhibits good problem solving skills; is able to identify problems, solicit other’s opinions and offer valid solutions. Interprets and applies policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Is able to project professionalism with both internal and external customers, including personal appearance along with friendly, courteous treatment of peers, subordinates and customers.
- Computer skills and ability to learn industry specific programs
- The ability to work over-time and weekends.