Project Engineer-Indianapolis, IN
BMWC Constructors, Inc.
BMWC tackles the world's toughest, most daunting industrial construction challenges. Our work encompasses an array of industrial sectors, including aerospace, chemical, electric power, food and beverage, oil and gas, pharmaceutical and biotechnology and semiconductor.
Location - Position will be physically based out of Southern IN area, near Petersburg. Travel is occasionally expected as part of this position to other clients/worksites.
A Project Engineer will perform progress measurements, cost tracking and planning/scheduling to accurately support construction execution. They will participate in collaborative work sequence planning and construction issue resolution.
1) Reviews construction drawings; compiles project scope and quantities; posts in earned value software system. 2) Ascertains resolution of engineering issues and constraints by communication with design engineers, owner representatives, and construction team members. 3) Monitors field construction; appraises compliance with construction plans; investigates causes of deviations. 4) Facilitates development of construction plans with general foremen and foremen. 5) Participates in construction work sequence planning with project team; recommends work sequence improvements and adjustments. 6) Prepares labor and cost estimates for construction work packages. 7) Records field construction progress and issues weekly progress reports. 8) Maintains effective document control system; maintains project records.
1) New Graduate or up to 5 years of field Industrial construction experience as a Project Engineer.
2) Good communication skills required.
3) Demonstrated ability to effectively assist with managing projects.
4) Able to handle multiple tasks, primarily through planning and resources available to them.
Bachelors’ Degree in Construction Engineering or Management highly desired. Will consider a related degree (Civil, Mechanical, etc.) if prior construction experience is there. Committed to continuing education to insure that skill sets match our project needs.
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Group Life & Accidental Death Insurance
Voluntary Life and Accidental Death Insurance
Paid Holidays & PTO
Founded in 1955, BMWC Constructors, Inc. has distinguished itself as one of the premier specialty construction companies in the United States. This recognition reflects the company’s: ownership structure; focus on employee development and quality of life; technical expertise; safety record; client relationships and overall stability.
BMWC is 100 percent management-owned. Individuals who achieve designated management roles within the company are invited to participate as equity owners. Because BMWC is management-owned, the development and advancement of employees is emphasized.
BMWC specializes in medium to large-scale industrial process and mechanical projects with stringent safety, quality and logistical requirements. This combination of specifications, along with BMWC’s reputation for delivering fast-tracked and difficult projects on time, has allowed employees to gain unique skill sets in the construction industry.
BMWC’s core values are: Safety with zero injuries; Customers for life; commitment to personal Integrity; Leadership through continuous improvement and innovation; development and growth of our People; and Profitability. These values are more than just words; they are the bedrock of the culture at BMWC.
BMWC has a rich history of company achievement fueled by the accomplishments of individuals. The reputation of the company is a composite of the dedication, motivation and entrepreneurial passion of its workforce. BMWC attracts the brightest and most ambitious professionals because its business model is based on the evolving success and reward of individual champions. Will you be the next BMWC champion?