The primary responsibility of this position is to champion the electrical services offering through customer development, estimating services, and resource recruitment and management. Inculcates the electrical business into BMWC service offerings through education, training and knowledge transfer.
Essential Functions and Requirements
· Accountable for material takeoffs and coordinating estimates with Project Managers, Project Engineers and Superintendents
· Utilizes NECA labor units; works with project teams to build historical labor unit data
· Develops relationships with key material suppliers and vendors
· Engages directly with customers to solve complex electrical issues
· Standardizes electrical estimating processes and works with Estimating leadership to ensure implementation and adherence
· Build relationships with current customers with the goal to deliver electrical services within the existing customer base
· Work with the Marketing team to expand electrical opportunities to new potential customers
· Assists in development of marketing plan for electrical services; ensures marketing activities are aligned with stated goals and objectives
· Participates in Marketing Meetings
Project Coordination & Resource Management
· Partner with Project Controls and Purchasing to ensure electrical services protocols are consistent with established BMWC procedures and policies
· Works with HR to develop education process to train staff on electrical systems, specifications, installations and standards.
· Maintains awareness of resource capabilities and needs; ensures productive communication with field supervision and project leadership
· Validates credentials and ensures electrical staff are appropriately qualified to perform work
· Assists in the deployment of electrical resources across project teams; works to ensure maximum utilization and productivity
· Actively identify and continuously recruit qualified and trustworthy supervision
· Advise Project Mangers on labor relations matters as applicable
· Ensures all Quality documentation appropriately maintained throughout projects
· Ensures data retention and information systems are updated and maintained appropriately within defined standards
· Working with Safety, ensures electrical safety rules and procedures are appropriately detailed in the Jobsite Safety Manual and the Pocket Guide to the Key Safety Rules (“Red Book”)
· Actively participate in safety meetings
· Supports Safety for Life initiatives; follows all safety-related procedures and rules
· Reports and stops work as necessary
· Communicate, through the appropriate channels, any observations of noncompliance with the Guiding Principles and Core Values of BMWC and/or other violations of policy or illegal actions that place personnel and the company at risk
· Perform, with care, any control-related activities required as a function of the position
· Meets corporate standard for development activity
· Specific job responsibilities and projects will be assigned and directed by leadership
This position has regular contact with all levels of internal and field team members, craft personnel and craft leadership, other department personnel, customers and third-party personnel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
High school diploma required, post-secondary education preferred.
Additional coursework, training and/or certification are also preferred.
The working conditions and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Required 40 hours per week with schedule dependent on assignment. Overtime is often necessary to complete assigned tasks. The employee will be required to travel to other company locations and field construction sites to complete the work. Out of town engagements and travel are required.
While performing the duties of this position the employee is required to sit and work on a computer for periods of time, as well as work at remote field locations. Travel to field construction sites and work locations will result in exposure to dust and dirt on a routine basis. Other conditions include foul odors, irritating noises, extreme heat, cold and other severe weather conditions, potential harsh movement/vibrations, wetness or humidity, and potential safety hazards.
Employees are expected to have, utilize, maintain and wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by BMWC Group, the client and any other applicable regulatory agency or management directive.