To investigate and learn about BMWC through observing and assisting safety staff with daily safety department tasks. Interns should learn enough about company philosophy, practices and projects to determine if BMWC is a good fit for long-term employment. The intern program is intended to provide potential employees a “running start” so that they will quickly acclimate to the company should they receive and accept an offer of employment.
1. Ensure adherence to federal, state, company and customer safety policies and procedures on projects.
2. Assist in training and educating location management and workers on safety responsibilities, behaviors and accident prevention techniques.
3. Assist location Project Manages, Project Engineers, Field Supervision and Safety staff with all safety-related tasks.
4. Maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
5. Always Conducts himself-herself in a professional manner .
6. Utilizes time effectively and responds to others in a timely manner.
7. Actions demonstrate the belief of corporate values and guiding principles of BMW.
Currently enrolled in a Safety, Safety Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Health and Science or related Bachelor of Science curriculum.
Previous field safety/construction experience helpful, but not required. Ability to demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills. Candidates should be able to work in an office setting, as well as outside in a field/construction site setting.