hth companies provides construction services to commercial and industrial customers throughout the Midwest. The Company was founded in 1984 and offers a wide array of services including mechanical insulation, scaffold erection, general contracting, industrial cleaning, welding, pipefitting, and confined space rescue. hth companies lives by a motto of “Small enough to listen. Big enough to deliver.” This promise is kept by over 600 employees at hth and provides value to our customers.
Works with and through management, to first and foremost ensure the safety of our personnel. Further to comply with safety and environment procedures while assisting in the safe achievement of profitability/productivity requirements. Candidate is expected to have experience with OSHA regulatory requirements and training related to construction and industrial operations. Must provide proof of completed OSHA 30 hour within 60 days of original hire date - OSHA outreach instructor training preferred (500 and/or 501). Candidate must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs. Conduct new hire orientations and training as needed.
Position Expectations and Duties:
- Assist Corporate Safety Director and Site Superintendent in ensuring compliance and training of safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), and Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Advises safety director on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions.
- Works with Site Superintendent to plan training. Conducts training for employees in work site safety practices including new hire orientations and job specific tasks.
- Maintains safety files, records, and reports.
- Ensures that all incidents, near misses, safety infractions/violations, concerns, etc. are reported to the Corporate Safety Director and Site Supervisor as soon as possible.
- This includes conducting post-accident investigation and preparing reports identifying possible accident causes and hazards for use by company personnel and senior management
- Performs safety hazard assessments, observations, inspections, and surveys, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented. Ability to recognize and performs training in areas of deficiency.
- Assists in the development, evaluation and upgrading of safety programs.
- The Site Safety Manager is onsite to support the staff and Site Supervisor in safety efforts.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by management.
- Must have acceptable current driver’s license
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management, site supervision, clients, and employees.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner
- Respects Co-workers, Managers, Company, Other Contractors and Clients
- Takes care of company owned or rented equipment returning in like manor
- Ability to perform physically demanding work for 8+ hours a day
- Climb Ladders
- Bending, twisting, lifting up to 50lbs
- Prolonged standing, walking
- Travel as required for this position
- Able to work flexible schedules
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to work at above ground elevations while wearing a harness and other protective equipment
- Company Paid Health and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Vision, Dental, Illness and Injury Insurance
- 401K (Company Match of 3%)