hth companies provides construction services to commercial and industrial customers throughout the Midwest. The Company was founded in 1984 and offers a wide array of services including mechanical insulation, scaffold erection, general contracting, industrial cleaning, welding, pipefitting, and confined space rescue. hth companies lives by a motto of small enough to listen. Big enough to deliver. This promise is kept by over 600 employees at hth and provides value to our customers.
Manages the construction, assembly, maintenance, and dismantling of tubular and system scaffolding or other temporary structures. Manage the completion of application of various types of metal necessary. Used but not limited to the following: piping containing long and short radius 90’s, 45-degree elbows, t’s, reducers, bevels, caps, and oversize’s. Candidate is required to provide proof of completed OSHA 30 within 60 days of original hire date. This is a working foreman position.
Position Expectations and Duties:
- Promotes safe workplace by participating in safety training, identifying job hazards, wearing correct PPE, and observing for oneself and others.
- Shows up on time and ready to complete work.
- Follows directions of manager / lead / superintendent and clarifies responsibilities if needed.
- Respects self, co-workers, managers, company, other contractors, and clients.
- Takes care of company owned or rented equipment returning in like manor.
- Adaptable in methods used to complete task.
- Willing to go the extra mile for the team.
- Motivated to learn new skills and trades.
- Communicate effectively both written and verbal.
- Has advanced knowledge of various types of scaffold builds such as independent access scaffolds, birdcage, hanging, truss out, and tower.
- Ability to layout and execute complex builds.
- Organize labor to work effectively on the build.
- Ensure builds are within OSHA standards.
- Ensure correct material for build is available.
- Strong math skills in relation to basic, algebra, and geometry.
- Good hand eye coordination.
- Keeps track of up-down tickets, man-hours, and productivity.
- Manages client and is able to communicate effectively with them.
- Understands schedule and % complete of task.
- Able to work flexible schedules
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to work at above ground elevations while wearing a harness and other protective equipment
- Manages crew and personalities of team to ensure success.
- Ability to perform physically demanding work for 8+ hours a day
-Bending, twisting, lifting up to 50lbs
-Prolonged standing, walking
Scaffold socket wrench, hammer, and tape measure, construction calculator, right, left, and straight cut snips, metal shears, metal scribe, insulation knife, metal dividers, hand bander, caulking gun, pouch with belt, tape measure, and screw gun.
- Company Paid Health and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Vision, Dental, Illness and Injury Insurance
- 401K (Company Match of 3%)