Full-time permanent position
Work location in Indianapolis, IN
Responsible for Linux and VM system administrator duties to develop, build, and maintain production environment. Responsbile for implementation and design of hardware and software. Monitors the performance of systems. Expected to maintain a mentor role for others in the company with similar skill sets.
• Install and configure patch management systems that deploy patches in an automated fashion to virtual and operating system platforms
• Design, install, maintain, and troubleshoot virtual and operating system platforms
• Configure backup systems and ensure consistent and reliable backups of virtual and multiple operating system platforms
• Monitor and maintain system configurations to ensure security data integrity of virtual and multiple operating system platforms
• Monitor system availability and resource consumption of virtual and multiple operating system platforms
• Design and implement security related controls that enhance the security posture of the virtual platform, operating systems, and SAN storage systems
• 10+ years of experience working in the Information Technology field
• 8+ years experience with Linux System Administration
• Experience with Linux RHEL experience is preferred
• Experience with large server farm administration and design
• Deep understanding of Linux and how to scale for high volume/low latency environments
• Experience with virtualization platforms VMWare 5, 5.5,6
• Hands on experience with scripting languages like Bash, Perl, Python in a Linux environment
• BS Computer Science or related technical degree(Preferred)
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Employer-funded Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
• Company sponsored 401k
• Paid Time Off
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
TCC holds multiple MS Certifications, including a Gold Certification level in both Application Development and Hosting, as well as a Silver Data Center Certification. In addition to Microsoft, TCC is also a Registered Partner with Amazon Web Services (AWS), and a Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level III assessed development organization that utilizes the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standard processes for IT service management that focuses on aligning IT services with the needs of business. To maximize these practices, TCC encourages staff members to gain ITIL certifications, and even offers study courses and material in-house.