Summary of Technician Refrigeration HVAC and Cooking
The Technician performs maintenance and service repairs on commercial Refrigeration, HVAC, and cooking equipment within the commercial kitchen/restaurant environment. Installs replacement parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines
- Diagnoses problems with equipment
- Communicates the diagnosis and condition of equipment to the customer
- Repairs equipment to operate at factory specifications
- Installs all parts ordered for the customer
- Sells additional company services whenever possible
Education / Experience
- A minimum two (2) years of education and/or experience in food service equipment repair, or in a related area.
- Experience servicing commercial cooking equipment a plus
- Background experience in gas, electric, plumbing and steam repairs.
Required Licenses / Certifications
- Valid Driver License, Federal and State certification in refrigerant handling (Class I & III or Universal)
- Preferred CFESA, NATE, RSES certification and any others a plus.
- Systems Evaluation, Equipment Maintenance, Equipment Selection, Installation, Operation Monitoring, Quality Control Analysis, Repairing, Troubleshooting, Time Management, Service Orientation.
- Ability to read wiring diagrams and parts schematics.