HVAC Sheet Metal Contractor
CINFAB, LLC was established in 1981 to fill a need for a high quality and competitively priced commercial HVAC sheet metal contractor. Over the years, CINFAB has grown to house a 30,000 square-foot full-service fabrication shop, and our capabilities have expanded to meet the specific design, fabrication and installation needs of our customers. A part of Grote Enterprises' family of companies, CINFAB serves clients in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. These companies, headquartered in Cincinnati, employ over 400 people on job sites from Lexington, Kentucky to Columbus, Ohio. The Grote Team of Associates are driven by firm Core Values that focus on the respect and development of our associates, technology and processes that provide our customers and their clients with the greatest construction value available. Our excellent reputation is grounded in the exceptional talent of our design, manufacturing and installation staff and backed by more than 30 years of experience.
Overview Of The Project Manager Role
This position can be staffed in Cincinnati, OH, Columbus, OH or Lexington, KY.
- Consistent with the CINFAB Core Values and Strategic Vision, plan and execute each project using project management best practices to deliver the estimated and bid gross profit while building and maintaining a strong relationship with our customers, subcontractors, vendors, internal partners and the owner.
- Treat each project as a “business unit” and manage every aspect of the financial planning, cost tracking and variance reporting. Take the necessary corrective actions early and as often as needed (including job cost budgets, schedule of values, material and equipment purchase orders, sub contractor contracts and cost to completes)
- Develop a phased manpower plan and monitor productivity weekly in conjunction with the foremen and field operations manager. Address variances early and provide updates in the weekly project manager meeting.
- Lead and support the development of a coordination schedule and then participate in the weekly meetings until the process is under control and working well.
- Lead and support the development of a construction schedule (reverse phase where possible) and actively participate in the look ahead and schedule update meetings. Support and implement all of the principles of lean construction.
- Coordinate the available office & on-site resources to assure all constructability, logistics, rigging and fabrication opportunities and issues are thought through and planned out in a way that ensures budgeted labor and materials are not exceeded.
- Be proactively aware and conscious of preserving and improving the relationship with the customer. Our performance and relationship on the jobs we do today have a direct bearing on the opportunities we secure in the future. While addressing impacts and adhering to agreed upon schedules is critical to meeting the bid GP and having a successful job, the art of dealing with these challenges & conflicts in a positive, professional and documented “logic based approach” and being recognized as a “planner and solutions provider” is critical to building an on-going relationship.
- Minimum 8 years Project Management experience in the Sheet Metal industry
- College degree preferred but not required
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license
- Must be computer savvy and proficient with Microsoft Office (specifically Excel)
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits including health care, life insurance, long term disability, 401k plan and optional dental, vision and short term disability. Income will be commensurate with qualifications and level of experience. Opportunities for growth and career advancement are available within our team.
CINFAB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will not discriminate unlawfully against qualified applicants or employees with respect to any term or condition of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, place of birth, military service status, or other basis protected by law.