hth Companies provides construction services to commercial and industrial customers throughout the Midwest. The Company was founded in 1984 and offers a wide array of services including mechanical insulation, scaffold erection, general contracting, industrial cleaning, welding, pipefitting, and confined space rescue. hth companies lives by a motto of small enough to listen. Big enough to deliver. This promise is kept by over 600 employees at hth and provides value to our customers.
Candidate must be able to manage large insulation, scaffold, and industrial cleaning crews. Must obtain Competent Scaffold training and have the leadership ability to problem solve and drive team towards completing tasks while planning ahead for the next job. CDL is a plus.
- Schedule, plan, and oversee all faucets of scaffolding, insulation, and industrial cleaning operations and crew members.
- Promotes safe workplace by participating in safety training, identifying job hazards, wearing correct PPE, and observing for oneself and others.
- Shows up on time and ready to complete work.
- Follows directions of manager / lead / superintendent and clarifies responsibilities if needed.
- Respects self, co-workers, managers, company, other contractors, and clients.
- Takes care of company owned or rented equipment returning in like manor.
- Adaptable in methods used to complete task.
- Willing to go the extra mile for the team.
- Motivated to learn new skills and trades.
- Communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Strong communication with plant personnel and other contractors in a professional manner.
- Individual must be safety oriented as it is crucial in this position.
- Has advanced knowledge of various types of scaffold builds such as independent access scaffolds, birdcage, hanging, truss out, and tower.
- Knowledge in piping containing long and short radius 90’s, 45-degree elbows, t’s, reducers, bevels, caps, and oversize’s.
- Knowledge of different high-pressure hydro blast equipment, including the different tips and pressures ranging from 10,000 psi-40,000 psi.
- Material procurement and logistic skills of setting up a job and scheduling crews.
- Not afraid of heights.
- Ability to layout and execute complex builds.
- Organize labor to work effectively on the build.
- Ensure builds are within OSHA standards.
- Ensure correct material for build is available.
- Strong math skills in relation to basic, algebra, and geometry.
- Ability to problem solve and develop solutions.
- Good hand eye coordination.
- Keeps track of up-down tickets, man-hours, and productivity.
- Manages client and is able to communicate effectively with them.
- Understands schedule and % complete of task.
- Manages crew and personalities of team to ensure success.
- Ability to perform physically demanding work.
- Experience with scaffolding, industrial cleaning, and insulation.
- Experience in industrial settings is beneficial
- Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
- This position may require travel.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by management.
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, climb stairs and ladders, use hands and fingers. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to see clearly when wearing safety glasses.
- Ability to work outside in the weather/elements year-round.
- Company Paid Health Insurance
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401K (Company Match of 3%)