AM General LLC, headquartered in South Bend, Ind., with major facilities in nearby Mishawaka, Ind., Auburn Hills, Mich., Franklin, Ohio, and offices in Arlington, Va., designs, engineers, manufactures, supplies and supports specialized vehicles for military and commercial customers worldwide.
Through its Military business, the company is recognized as a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacturing and support of Light Tactical Vehicles, having produced and sustained more than 300,000 vehicles in over 60 countries.
AM General’s growing Commercial business includes three wholly owned subsidiaries: diesel engine manufacturer General Engine Products, automatic transmission manufacturer General Transmission Products, and Mobility Ventures, designer and manufacturer of the acclaimed MV-1, the only American made vehicle specifically engineered from the ground up in support of wheelchair users and people with disabilities.
AM General has more than six decades of experience meeting the changing needs of the defense and automotive industries, supported by its employees in Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio, and a strong supplier base that stretches across 43 states.
- Prepare FMS & US Proposals, Program Issues for discussion, ECPs, Charts, and other reports.
- Review Solicitations and prepare internal Request for Proposal documents and distribute throughout other AM General departments.
- Prepare proposals and submit proposals to the government following management approval.
- Negotiate prices for vehicles, special equipment, and ECPs/RFVs; negotiate contract clauses, terms & conditions and other items.
- Prepare pricing transmittal documents and review configurations of HMMWV requirements.
- Attend CCB, FMS, RFP, PMR and other management meetings.
- Write Work Authorizations (including Advance Work Authorizations).
- Coordinate with AM General internal departments to ensure all terms and conditions are met; resolve any problems by contacting the cognizant agencies through verbal and written communication, and follow-up documentation.
- Utilize SAP for generating reports and obtaining information on HMMWVs.
- Track vehicle and special option prices
- Prepare reports on ECP/RFV implementation and track contract incorporation
- Review and process contract modifications
- Assist customers, vendors, production, shipping and purchasing personnel, and other departments with military vehicle related issues
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Management is required for this position along with 10+ years of general experience.
- Requires a broad knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFAR/DPAS) and U.S. Government contract administration policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Products, SharePoint and SAP experience required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
- Be able to work independently, have strong organizational skills and a high level of initiative.
- Moderate level of problem solving, leadership, and supervisory skills.
- Should be able to multi task, work well with others and be extremely accurate in quality of work.
- Certification in Government Contract Administration a plus.
Light- Intermittent sitting, standing, walking, no physical strain
This position also requires one to work both alone and as a team in an inside work area while maintaining a regular work schedule. It also requires availability to respond to Management on critical business concerns outside of normal working hours.