AM General LLC, headquartered in South Bend, Ind., with major facilities in nearby Mishawaka, Ind., Livonia, Mich., Franklin, Ohio, and offices in Arlington, Va., designs, engineers, manufactures, supplies and supports specialized vehicles for military and commercial customers worldwide.
Through its Military business, the company is recognized as a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacturing and support of Light Tactical Vehicles, having produced and sustained more than 300,000 vehicles in over 60 countries.
AM General’s growing Commercial business includes three wholly owned subsidiaries: diesel engine manufacturer General Engine Products, automatic transmission manufacturer General Transmission Products, and Mobility Ventures, designer and manufacturer of the acclaimed MV-1, the only American made vehicle specifically engineered from the ground up in support of wheelchair users and people with disabilities. AM General is also proud to have been selected by Mercedes-Benz to be its only contract manufacturer in the United States, producing the R-Class vehicle in Mishawaka, Ind.
AM General has more than six decades of experience meeting the changing needs of the defense and automotive industries, supported by its employees in Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio, and a strong supplier base that stretches across 43 states.
Primary responsibility for the design, configuration, data analysis, testing, implementation, and continuous improvement of enterprise applications.
- Provides specialist level functional and configuration knowledge in designing SAP solutions in the MM and WM modules of ECC 6 or HANA.
- Good skills in configuring Material Master, Purchase Requisition (PR), Request for quotation, Purchase Order (PO), Agreements, Info records, Release Procedures, Pricing, Automatic Account determination, Inventory Management, Reservation, Transfer Posting, Stock Transfer and Physical Inventory process, valuation and batch management, split valuation, batch management etc.
- Good knowledge of different procurement processes like direct, indirect, third party, sub-contracting, stock transport orders, stock transfers, account assigned POs, asset procurement, consignment etc.
- Should have good master data management skills including developing and working with data migration tools.
- Should be able to write functional specifications in detail.
- Good skills in configuring warehouse management structures – storage types, storage bins, quants,
- Should have good experience in configuring extending material masters to warehouse management functions, batch management in warehouse, shelf life functionality, Warehouse movements, transfer requirements, transfer orders, goods receipts with inbound delivery, goods issues with outbound deliveries, picking and packing and handling unit, stock replenishment, fixed bin replenishment, picking strategies- FIFO, LIFO, SLED, Put-away strategies-fixed bin, open bin, next empty bin, near bin, inventory processes, storage unit management, Mobile data entry, RF technology and devices, Crossdocking, Yard management,
- Conducts or participates in user requirements gathering, blueprinting & documentation design.
- Ensure compliance to existing, and development of required data and reporting standards.
- Ensure the integrity of the Warehouse Management configuration of the SAP system across multiple landscapes (DEV, QA, Training, and Production).
- Support production configuration and assist in functional change requests.
- Support business implementations by sharing best practice configuration skills.
- Assist with responding to user requirements, problem resolution, develop designs, and process modelling.
- Conduct configuration changes to accommodate change requests and prototype activities.
- Perform initial testing of problem fixes, change request, enhancements, and new functionality.
- Work with BASIS or SAP to resolve software bugs.
- Perform break/fix analysis and recommend solutions
- Develops functional specifications and works with BASIS and ABAP personnel resources to complete object development and testing
- May lead and coordinate work in a small team
- Understands and applies AM General methodologies and procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in MIS/CIS or related field.
- 5 years of SAP MM (Material Management) and WMS (Warehouse Management System)
- Domain Expertise in Distribution, Discrete, Repetitive and Engineering
- Experience in PM (Plant Maintenance), SCM (Supply Chain Management), QM (Quality Management) will be an added advantage
- Must be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Must have excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work in a team and be energetic
- Strong project management skills a plus.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
Light- Intermittent sitting, standing, walking, no physical strain
This position requires one to work both alone and as a team while maintaining a regular work schedule at multiple work sites in an inside work area. Some travel is required between AM General facilities and other locations.