Superintendent – Indianapolis, IN
Join Rieth-Riley and help our team Pave the Road to Success! Rieth-Riley is a team of motivated, highly qualified individuals who are committed to the success of each and every project. The Rieth-Riley proudly remain dedicated to moving forward. It's the way we think, the way we act — the way we approach every bridge, and all
Schedule, coordinate and supervise crews, subcontractors, equipment, and materials for single or multiple jobs. Responsible for job costs and for meeting project schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish plans and schedules for assigned projects
- Maintain liaison with representative to coordinate job schedule, changes and any construction issues that arise
- Maintain liaison with Project Manager to insure all work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedules
- Assist Project Manager in developing change orders
- Assist Project Manager with production of pay estimates
- Resolve or participate in resolving construction problems
- Review and evaluate daily costs, time sheets, truck and equipment usage
- Team with Area Operations Manager and Project Manager in maintaining communication with unions, resolving jurisdictional disputes, requisitioning personnel are fully implemented at job site
- Monitor craft compliance with safety program requirements, and document and insure corrective measures are implemented
- Remain in liaison with other departments (i.e., Quality Control, Engineering) to ensure that all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc. are in place to support craft activities and project schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and or Construction Management preferred and or five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in bridge related field
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Must have good organization skills
- Must be quick to adapt and able to thrive in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Good PC skills--proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel essential.
- Problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran