2/15/17 Update: Samsun Mechanical is looking to hire EXPERIENCED service technicians.
We currently have 1-2 positions open to fill. Please apply today!
The Commercial/Industrial HVAC/R Service Technician will work with numerous system parts and mechanisms, to maintain, diagnose and correct HVAC/R system problems. This includes replacing parts and adjusting system controls for better performance by using special tools and diagnostic equipment. Ideal candidates will need to have knowledge of HVAC/R equipment and know the proper service procedures needed to make repairs to equipment in the RETAIL/SUPERMARKET ENVIRONMENT.
- Build strong customer relationships; build knowledge and understanding of new and existing customer needs/expectations.
- Provides preventive maintenance on heating, cooling and refrigeration systems.
- Troubleshoots units that are not working and replaces parts that are defective.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Repair of refrigeration, air conditioning, heating, control systems, and humidity and temperature control systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair all electrical and mechanical components of HVAC/R equipment.
- Provides startups and troubleshooting for a variety of commercial HVAC/R systems, meets with customers, evaluates their needs and makes recommendations.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repairing of commercial/ industrial refrigeration, air conditioning and multi-zone heating and cooling systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and/or small group situations with internal and external customers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused work environment; ability to balance workload with technicians’ and customers’ needs.
- Ability to establish rapport with customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion with information.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to utilize common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Ability to take timely action to effectively solve problems, using established policies and procedures.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience servicing commercial and industrial HVAC/R equipment
- Completion of H.S./GED
- EPA Universal Certified
- Valid Drivers License, with no suspensions in the last 3-5years
- Experience with HVAC/R controls: Novar, Emerson/CPC, Danfoss
- Experience with Parallel Rack Systems
- Completion of Trade/Vocational School
- Experience servicing the following type of equipment: Walk-in Coolers/Freezers, Supermarket Low Temp Cases, Supermarket Medium Temp Cases, Parallel Rack Systems, Direct Digital Controls, Warehouse & Storage Facilities, Medical/Laboratory Refrigeration Equipment, Walk-in/Reach-In Freezers/Coolers, Ice Machines, Commercial Food Service Equipment, Furnaces, Heat Pumps, Air Conditioners, Packaged Roof Top Units, Air Handlers, Air Curtains, and Exhaust Fans. (Again, a majority of our clientele is in the Supermarket industry... so experience in this industry is a plus)